Monday, April 15, 2013

Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes and Bacon

I know some of you are rolling your eyes, brussel sprouts again.  They are not as bad as you might think if you make them the right way.  They are very good for you too.  It won't hurt to have them every now and then.
When I pulled the ingredients out for this dish it made me think of fall.  I know fall is a long way off but it felt like fall when I made this dish.
Peel a couple of sweet potatoes.  The recipe calls for 2 big sweet potatoes.  Mine were small so I used 4.  So depending on the size of your potatoes will depend on how many you use.
Cut them into cubes.

The recipe called for fresh brussel sprouts but I had a bag in the freezer so I just thawed them.  They were small so I didn't cut them in half like the recipe calls for.  Look at the bright colors.
Drizzle the potatoes and sprouts with olive oil.  Toss them well to coat.
The recipe called for 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.  I might leave this out next time.
Sprinkle with some sea salt.
black pepper
Toss well to mix the spices.
Spread out on a sprayed cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 400 oven bake for about 25-30 minutes.  After about 15 minutes I stirred them a little bit.
Fresh from the oven.  You can leave them in the oven a little longer if you want more browning on the edges.
Sprinkle the bacon on top.  Toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment