Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cowboy Lasagna

I love finding these cowboy recipes.  They make me want to curl up with a good John Wayne movie during dinner.  Something tells me you wouldn't find this recipe at the chuck wagon.  It was a keeper though.
Not too many ingredients.
Chop up an onion. Cook the onions in a little olive oil.  Then brown the ground beef.  Drain well.
I drained the can of whole kernel corn.  The recipe didn't say one way or the other so you can do it either way you want.
I chopped up some of my fresh parsley from my garden.
Put the tater tots in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed.
Sprinkle have the cheese on top of the tots.
Add the corn to the beef.
Add the tomato soup
The recipe called for a generous sprinkling of Worcestershire sauce.  So add however much you like.  I used my Archies sauce.
Add 2 Tablespoons parsley
3 Tablespoons dried mustard. Salt and pepper
Mix well and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Put the meat mixture on top of the tots.
Cover with the remaining cheese.
Top with remaining parsley.  Place in a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes.
The baked lasagna.
Enjoy!

Cowboy Lasagna Recipe

1 lb of ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
steak sauce generous sprinkling
3 Tablespoon parsley divided
1 can tomato soup
1 can whole kernel corn
3 Tablespoons ground mustard
1 32 oz pkg tater tots
salt and pepper
4 cups mozzarella cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment