Monday, April 22, 2013

Chili's Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta

My husband likes this pasta dish at Chili's so I thought I would surprise him by making it at home.  Next time I try it there's a few tweaks I am going to make to the recipe.
The cast of characters.
Start with 2 Tablespoons butter in a skillet.
I cut the chicken into strips.  You could start with strips.
The recipe calls for 4 teaspoons of cajun seasoning.  I didn't measure it and I probably should have.  I poured it into a zip lock bag with the chicken and shook it well.
The chicken is coated well.
Cook about half a box of penne pasta per the directions on the box.
Cook the chicken in the melted butter.
The chicken is getting nice and brown.
In the pasta pot melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter. Here is where I would change the recipe a little and add about a 1/4 cup of flour to the butter.
Add 3 cups half and half.
Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning.  I didn't have any so I added Monterey steak seasoning.
The chicken is just about done.
Add salt and pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
Add the cooked pasta to the mixture.  The problem with not adding flour is the sauce never got thick.
Mix the pasta well.
Add the chicken to the top of the pasta.
Here is a finished one with tomatoes.
Add some fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
My husband's plate.
Mine with no tomatoes.

Chili's Copycat Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe

8 oz penne past cooked and drained
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
4 Tablespoons butter
3 cups half and half
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tomatoes diced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded

No comments:

Post a Comment