Friday, April 26, 2013

Chili Dog Casserole

This is the second chili dog casserole I have made.  I never knew there were so many different ways to make chili dogs.  I thought my original way with lots of onions and kraut was the best but these two are pretty good too for a change of pace.
No need to make fries with this dish because they are included.
Start with 1 pkg Simply Potatoes Homestyle slices.  I couldn't find them when I made this so I used hashbrowns.  I think the slices would have been better.
Layer 1 can of your favorite canned chili.  Whatever you use for chili dogs would be good.  With or without beans your choice.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.
Then cut 1 pkg jumbo hot dogs into 1 inch pieces.
Scatter those on top of the potatoes.
Put 1 more can of chili on top of the hot dogs.
Put 1 pkg refrigerated flaky layer biscuits on top.
Sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Fresh from the oven.
Dig in.

Simply Potatoes Chili Dog Casserole Recipe

1 pkg Simple Potatoes Homestyle slices
2 15oz cans chili
1 pkg jumbo hot dogs
1 pkg refrigerated large flaky layer biscuits
2 cups cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment