Friday, January 18, 2013

Game Day Sandwiches

I know there are no more college football games which everyone is sad about, but there are a couple of big pro games coming up.  These sandwiches are great for game day or really any day.
You can use those small dinner rolls that come in the metal pans if you like.  I wanted the Hawiian rolls that are a little bit larger.  These rolls come in a paper container so I had to move them into a baking dish.
In a saucepan put one stick of butter.
Add 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
2 Tablespoons poppy seeds.
The chopped onion and 2 Tablespoons mustard.
Put that on the stove and melt the butter and let boil for aobut 10 minutes.  Keep stirring it while it is cooking.  This sauce is so good.
I had to test and see if the rolls would fit in my pan before I got started good.
Cut the rolls in half.  Using a serrated knife helps.
Put the bottoms of the rolls in the pan.
Tear the ham to fit on the rolls.
Sauce is bubbling good now.
Add some cheese on top of the ham.  I used mozzeralla cheese but you could use Swiss or any other cheese you like.
Take the top half of the rolls and put some of the sauce on them.  Make sure you get some poppy seeds and onions too.
Return the tops to the sandwiches.  I had a little of the sauce left over to I drizzled it on top and around the rolls.  Preheat the oven to 250 or 300.  Cover the rolls with foil and put in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
The baked rolls.  They are so good.  It has been a while since I had made these and I really don't know why because they are easy and delicious.

Game Day Sandwiches Recipe
Deli ham
cheese
dinner rolls
1 stick butter
2 T sugar
2 T poppy seeds
2T mustard
one small onion chopped fine


No comments:

Post a Comment