Monday, January 21, 2013

Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli over Rice

Well I am back to posting crock pot recipes again on Mondays.  This one was really easy and taste great too.  I hope you will enjoy it.
I think this could also have cauliflower in addition to the broccoli if you wanted it to.  Might have to play around with the recipe some next time.  I always try to follow the recipe the first time I make it but then I like to change it up and make it more my own.
Start with a can of cream of chicken soup.  Spray your crock pot first so clean up will be easy.  I think next time I will use cream of mushroom soup.  I just like it better than chicken.
Add a can of cheddar cheese soup.
Add a 14 oz can of chicken broth.
Now whisk that all together.
Add a little pepper.  I don't usually add additional salt because the soups usually have enough.
Add the boneless skinless chicken breast to the soups. Cover and cook for about 6 hours.
After about 6 hours or about 3 minutes before you want to eat uncover and shred the chicken.
I didn't make the pieces too small but you want to break them up some.
You want to wash and cut up the broccoli and then steam it before adding to the crock pot.  You don't want it cooked to mush just a little steamed.
While that is steaming add one cup of sour cream.
The broccoli is lightly steamed and a bright green color.
Add the sour cream
Mix well.
Add the broccoli.
Mix the broccoli well and let it cook a little bit before serving.
Cook some rice and then serve the chicken mixture on top.  I used brown rice trying to be a little healthier.  There is enough juice in the chicken that you won't notice that the brown rice is a little bit drier than white. I also took this picture before I remembered to put the cheese on top.

Creamy Crock pot Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Recipe

3-4 boneless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar soup
1 14 oz can chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
6 cups broccoli florets lightly steamed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment