Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Broccoli Bites

I saw these on Pinterest and they looked so good.   I thought they would be perfect to go along with my baked ham.
Very simple ingredients.  Next time I want to play around with the recipe and make some changes but this time I followed the recipe.
You will want to thaw and drain 16 oz frozen chopped broccoli.  I chopped mine a little bit more and got rid of some of the hard stem pieces.  I think next time I will use fresh broccoli and steam it myself.  That way I can have all broccoli crowns.
Add 1 cup breadcrumbs.  The recipe called for Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.  I didn't have them so I added a little bit of Italian seasonings to the mix.
Add 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
Add three eggs.  I slightly beat them in the bowl before adding them.
Now they are ready to be mixed.
Now make them into little patties on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  I used a ice cream scoop so they would be close to the same size.  They are very sticky and messy.  You will have to press them together to get them to stick. Put them in a 375 preheated oven.  Bake for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, take them out and turn them.  Then put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
The finished product.  Next time I want to add some chopped onions that have been cooked slightly.  I think that will add some good flavor.  Onions are good in everything!  I think I want to try mixing some cauliflower and broccoli for a mixed patty.
This was a perfect dish with my ham and carrots.

Broccoli Bites Recipe

16 oz broccoli that is thawed, drained and chopped
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs
salt and pepper
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment