Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken Bacon Alfredo Casserole

Today's lesson is to read the whole recipe before you start cooking.  I got lucky this time in that this recipe ended up being okay the way I made it but it wasn't so much a casserole as a pasta dish.  So I am going to share with you two ways you can make this recipe.
This recipe is very easy to throw together especially with the premade alfredo sauce.
The recipe called for some green onions and I didn't have any so I chopped a regular onion and just sauted it a little.
I cooked some bacon.  It was still frozen so it was very hard to pull off in whole pieces.
Cook some penne pasta according to directions and drain well.
I reused the pot that I cooked the pasta and added the jar of alfredo sauce to heat.
Drain and chop one can of artichoke hearts and two cooked chicken breast.
Add the cooked onions to the sauce.
Add the hearts and chicken to the sauce.
Add some fresh black pepper.
Crumble the bacon and add to the pot.
Add the pasta.
Stir well.
Right before serving add about a cup of mozzarella cheese to the mixture and stir well.
The cheese gets nice and gooey.
Serve.  I added a little bit more of cheese on top.

Now you can mix all the ingredients together and place in a sprayed casserole dish and bake in a 350 preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.  Either way works well.

Chicken Bacon alfredo Casserole Recipe
8 oz penne or bowtie pasta, cooked and drained
1 16oz jar alfredo sauce
2 chicken breast cooked and chopped
8 strips of cooked bacon
1 14oz can of artichoke hearts
1/2 c chopped green onions
1 c shredded mozzarella cheese divided

No comments:

Post a Comment