Thursday, October 6, 2016

Herbed Veggie Dip

Got to love Gameday.  It gives you an excuse to try new recipes on a weekly basis.  After the last week of sandwiches I thought we would go a little healthier this week.  Veggies and dip were on the menu.  I didn't want the same ole Ranch dressing so I made this little herbed dip.  Try it with your favorite veggies. 

Veggies just taste better when they are displayed in my Bama dishes. 
 I tried something new this time.  The recipe called for fresh herbs.  Well mine are not looking too good these days due to the heat.  So I found these tubes of fresh herbs.  They have a pretty good shelf life in the fridge.  Give them a try.
 Start with 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
 1/2 cup sour cream
 1/2 cup mayo
 3/4 cup chopped scallions.  Now scallions are in the onion family but they have a milder flavor.
 1 Tablespoon fresh dill
 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
 1 teaspoon kosher salt
 1/4 teaspoon pepper
 I used my hand mixer to blend the dip.
 Then store in an airtight container.  I find that making the dip a day before gives the flavors a change to blend really well.
Then serve with your favorite veggies.

Herbed Veggie Dip Recipe

8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
3/4 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
1 Tablespoons fresh dill
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment