Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies

These are a taste of fall.  We think of certain flavors as being seasonal.  Pumpkin is one of those flavors even though we can buy canned pumpkin year round.  These are a quick and easy cookie to make for a beautiful fall day.  These cookies are nice and soft and will not get hard after they cool.  So if you like soft cookies these are for you. 
These cookies also will not spread out.  I wish more recipes told you if they did or not.  I would have made these a little differently had I known they wouldn't spread.  I would have flattened them out a little more.
Only 4 ingredients.  Doesn't get any easier.
Start with a butter pecan cake mix.  I am not sure if you can find this flavor year round or not.  I'm also not sure if all stores carry this flavor.
To the cake mix add 1 can of pumpkin puree.
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.  I used the mini chips I thought the smaller ones would be better. You could probably use white chocolate if you wanted to change them out.
Then about a 1/4 cup chopped pecans.  Then mix well.  The dough will be thick.
Scoop up the cookies.  Place on a parchment lined cookies sheet.  You can flatten the tops of them a little bit.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cook on the cookie sheet for a few minutes.

Butter Pecan Pumpkin Cookies Recipe

1 box butter pecan cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment