Monday, October 17, 2016

Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Chicken

There are some classic dishes at Cracker Barrel that you know you love. I know I can't pass up the hash brown casserole.  This is another of those classic meals.  One good thing is that it is super easy to make at home.  That doesn't mean you don't have to go to Cracker Barrel again, the okra is worth going back, but in between times you can still have that good comfort food at home.

Doesn't this looks so good? 
This recipe is so easy and it really doesn't take much.
Start with 1 cup milk.
Add a can of cheddar cheese soup.  I would suggest you keep a can in your pantry so you can make this again.
Trim the chicken.  Next time I think I will cut this into strips.
Mix the soup and milk well.
In a casserole dish place the chicken and then pour the soup on top.
The recipe calls for fresh broccoli and then steam it.  I don't want to do the extra step so I used thawed frozen broccoli.
Crush up some butter crackers to sprinkle on top.
Sprinkle them around.  I could have probably used some more but maybe next time.
Then shred some cheese on top.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 45 minutes.  While it was baking I cooked some rice to go along with it.  For this recipe I cooked the Minute rice multigrain medley.  It is a combination of brown rice, red rice, wild rice and quinoa. It was a nice compliment to the casserole.
The top is nice and crunchy.  Comfort food at it's best.
You can see the rice peeking through.

Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Recipe

chicken breast
1 cup milk
1 cup butter crackers crushed
1 can cheddar cheese soup
8 oz broccoli
6 oz cheddar cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment