Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Crusty Pumpkin Wedges

I saw a picture of this recipe on Pinterest.  Only bad thing it wasn't a recipe.  It did say what went into the dish but not measurement or anything like that.  So this recipe was made flying by the seat of my pants.  This is a new way to think about pumpkins.  I had to try it.  I was told in typical fashion, it was different, not good, not bad just different.  I will admit it was unusual and different.  I want to play around with roasting pumpkin again. These little pie pumpkins are easy to work with.

Now pumpkin is in the squash family and you know what happens to squash when they are roasted, they get a little soft. But nothing we can't work with. 
 I think these little pumpkins are so cute.
 Start with some breadcrumbs.
 Lemon zest
 Fresh parmesan cheese
 Fresh parsley from my garden.  I put it in my herb grinder.
 Stir together.
 I cut the stem off the pumpkin.
 Cut it in half.  These seeds were really hard to get out along with all the stringy stuff.
 I think they are as clean as they are going to get.  The guts of a pumpkin are yucky and  slimy. I think you get the picture.
 Cut them in wedges like you would cantaloupe.  Leave the peel on as well.
 So I tried to roll the slice in the breadcrumbs but they weren't sticking.
 So enter the olive oil.  Brush some on the whole piece.
 Now roll it in the breadcrumbs. They stick so much better.
 Spread them out on a baking sheet.
 Salt
 And pepper them.  Place it in a 400 degree preheated oven.  I baked them for about 20 minutes.  You might start at 15 and check them.
 Remove from the oven.
And enjoy.

Crusty Pumpkin Wedges Recipe

one pie pumpkin or small pumpkin
breadcrumbs
grated parmesan cheese
fresh parsley
lemon zest
salt and pepper
brush with olive oil


No comments:

Post a Comment