Wednesday, October 19, 2016

White Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

Now the other day I made a salad dressing that used just a little bit of pumpkin.  You might remember that.  Well I had the rest of a can of pumpkin that I needed to use.  Last year they told us that canned pumpkin would be scarce this year so I didn't want to waste it.  That is where this recipe comes into play.  It uses a little bit of pumpkin too.  I know you thought all the ingredients were going to be in the title of this recipe.  Funny story in a little bit about that. 
These cookies could have been made a little bigger and used as breakfast cookies.  They are nice, moist, and soft cookies. After a day or so I would put them in the fridge though. 
I know you are thinking that's a lot of ingredients but I promise you they are worth it.  The spices make them smell so good.
Start with 2Tablespoons softened butter.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
Cream that well.
Add 1 egg
Mix well.
Add 7 Tablespoons pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon.  I like cinnamon.
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Dash of nutmeg.  Yes my measuring spoons have a dash.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats.  Mix that well.  The batter is going to be thick.
Now here is the funny part.  I got to the bottom of the recipe and I thought to myself, there's suppose to be white chocolate.  Now I had written down the recipe so I go find the original recipe to make sure I didn't forget to write it down.  Nope not in the original recipe even though the title says white chocolate.  So I guessed and added 1/2 cup of white chocolate.  Since they were white chocolate pumpkin pecan oatmeal cookies I thought they should have white chocolate.
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Now mix those into the batter.
Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. These cookies do not spread so you can put them fairly close together.
When they come out of the oven let them cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before you remove them. This gives them a little time to firm up a little.
Then plate up and enjoy.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
dash of nutmeg
2 Tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
7 Tablespoons pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment