Friday, October 14, 2016

German Apple Cake

Let me say at the beginning of this recipe I know it doesn't look pretty.  It is totally my fault.  I thought the picture from the recipe was in a dish like this one.  But it must not have been.  I put it in too small of a baking dish and my oven suffered from it.  Now I could have not shared this with you and remade the recipe so it turns out pretty but no I share successes and failures with you.  But I don't consider this a failure because it still tasted really good.  So try this recipe and learn from my mistakes and use a bigger baking dish.  Oh and It's Apple Season!.
Don't let all the overflow discourage you from making this dish because it was really good.
 I wasn't sure how many apples I would need so I set out several.  I only needed two.
 Start with 1 cup oil
 2 eggs.  Mix it well so the eggs will break up.
 Add 2 cups sugar.
 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 2 cups all purpose flour
 4 cups chopped apples.  This is just 2 cups and then I chopped up the rest.
 Mix well.  I did lick the spoon on this and the batter is very good.  Has a butterscotch taste to it.
 It looked really pretty before it went into the oven.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 45 minutes.  It said not to over bake.  It didn't say anything about overflow.
 I won't show you a picture of the oven.  It wasn't pretty but lucky for me I had foil in the bottom of the oven so I could pull it right out and not have to smell burned cake for weeks.
Add a little ice cream and you have a really good dessert.

German Apple Cake Recipe

2 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups chopped peeled apples
Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment