Monday, October 10, 2016

Black Bean Brownies

I will admit I was curious about this recipe.  It was in Parade Magazine a couple of weeks ago and I saved it for another day.  The concept intrigued me to say the least.  Try it and surprise your family.  They will never believe it. 

I know you can tell by looking at it that something is different but you don't know for sure what. 
Three ingredients is all you need.  And really you can make it without the egg.
Drain and rinse the can of black beans.
Put them back in the can.
Cover the beans with water
Like so.
Then put them in a blender or use a hand blender.
It takes like 2 seconds to blend these beans.
Dump the brownie mix.  It needs to be an 18.2 oz box.  A box for 13x9 pan or it might say family size.
Add an egg if you want a softer brownie.
Now add the black beans.
Mix well.  Looks like regular brownies.  Bake according to the box directions.  I am glad I used an 8x8 pan because they were a little compact.
Here they are fresh from the oven.
The cut brownies.  They are thicker than normal.  The inside is good but compact.  Not the light and fluffy brownies you might be use to.  They weren't bad. Just different.  We say that a lot around here.


Black Bean Brownies Recipe
18.2 oz box brownie mix
1 egg
1 can black beans

No comments:

Post a Comment