Friday, October 16, 2015

Sprite Grilled Chicken

Well the original recipe was 7-Up grilled chicken.  And we had Sprite so I had to change the name.  You can use any lemon lime soft drink. We are trying another grilled chicken recipe tonight.  And guess what? It didn't rain on us.  We have tried some really good grilled recipes this summer.  Around here it doesn't get really cold for a while so we still have plenty of time to grill.

Don't pay attention to the right side of the plate.  Epic recipe failure.
 I made this marinade the night before and let the chicken soak all night.
 In a zip lock bag add 1/4 cup oil.  The recipe called for canola oil but I used olive.
 1/2 cup soy sauce.  I used low sodium.
 1/2 teaspoon horseradish.  I didn't think that the recipe had much of a kick so I might add more next time.
 12 oz of lemon lime 'coke'.  (We are in the south)
 The chicken was still attached. So I cut it and trimmed it.  I got this chicken at Fresh Market.  Every Tuesday they have their chicken and ground beef on sale for $2.99 a lb.  This is hormone free chicken and really good.
 Put it in the marinade.  I set it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before it was going on the grill.
 Time to put on the grill.

 It is getting nice and golden brown with nice grill marks.
And enjoy with some nice vegetables.

Sprite Grilled Chicken Recipe

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
12 oz lemon lime soda
1/4 cup oil


No comments:

Post a Comment