Monday, October 19, 2015

Salami Chips with Grainy Mustard Dip

I was looking for recipes for game time this week and this recipe popped up. It was different but it intrigued me.  I really like spicy, grainy mustards and baking salami I had to try that. So this turned out to be a nice platter of finger snack foods for Football Saturdays down South as we like to call fall Saturdays.
I also found some pretzels in the pantry that was very good with this dip too.
You need two kinds of grainy mustard for this recipe.
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
Mix that up well.  Cover and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Then take your salami and spread out on two baking sheets covered with parchment paper.  Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake for 15 minutes.  I set the timer for 10 minutes and then kept watching them. I didn't want them to burn.
Take them out of the oven.  They kinda moved on the cookie sheet.
Set them out on a paper towel to drain and cool.  The cooked salami tasted like bacon.
I put paper towels on top to drain them as well.
So some thinly sliced bread, salami, mustard dip and Laughing Cow cheese made good snacks to get us through the early morning games.

Salami Chips with Grainy Mustard Dip Recipe

1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayo
2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
8 oz thinly sliced salami
Preheat oven to 375 bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment