Friday, October 9, 2015

Red Velvet Mini Bundt Cakes

I debated sharing this recipe with you.  It did not turn out as I had planned but upon further thought I realized the recipe was fine.  It was my pan that wasn't.  So learn from my mistakes and you should have no problem with this recipe.  It tasted great just fell apart.  You will see what I am talking about. 
I think this is the first time I have baked since I labeled my containers.  It should make things a lot easier.
Start with 1 stick softened butter and 1 cup sugar.
Whip well and add one egg.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons red food coloring
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup buttermilk
This was to make mini bundt cakes.  I had this pan and it was opening weekend of football season so I wanted something red and white.  I sprayed the pan but they still stuck really bad.  So make sure you spray really well.  Place in a preheated 350 oven for 15-20 minutes.
I noticed they came out of the edges but I was still hopeful.
This is what I managed to come up with.  I thought about making a parfait but the one time I didn't have any pudding in the pantry.  So sorry.  Not what I had hoped for.

Red Velvet Mini Bundt Cakes

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 teaspoons red food coloring
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Icing
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4Tablespoons milk

No comments:

Post a Comment