Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Pretzel Treats

When I bought the pumpkin spice candy melts this is what I originally planned of using them for.  I will say now that I have them finished I should have found the smaller pretzels because I think they would look more like a pumpkin.  I stopped putting the stem in and just made pumpkin spice pretzels. These would be cute to have the kids work on while waiting on that Thanksgiving turkey.
These are the mini M&M's that I picked out the green ones.
Place the candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 sec intervals until they are melted.  If you cook them at longer intervals they could burn.  Burned chocolate is not good.  It will get lumpy and thick.  Stir after each cycle.
It is all finally melted.
Drop a pretzel in the chocolate.  Using a fork swirl it in the chocolate.
Using the fork tap it on the side of the bowl to get the excess off.
Place it on wax paper.
Add the stem
When they dry and you put them on a plate you can clean up some of the little drippy pieces.
A close up of the pumpkin look.


No comments:

Post a Comment