Friday, November 1, 2013

Hot Spinach Dip

This is a lot like the classic cheese dip but with a little healthy spinach thrown in for good measure.
The recipe called for salsa but I think you could probably use Rotel if you have that in your pantry.  I wish I had found the white Velveeta because I think it would have been prettier.
I chose to make this in the crock pot.  Whenever I melt cheese in the crock pot I like to use these liners because it makes for very easy clean up.
Cut up the 1 lb Velveeta cheese.
Cut up 8 oz of cream cheese.
10 oz of chopped spinach, thawed, drained very well.  I squeezed and squeezed the spinach to get all the moisture out of it.  It is amazing how much liquid will come out.
The recipe called for 3/4 of a jar of salsa.  I reserved some but ended up using all of it because it got a little thick.
Throw it all in the crock pot and let it melt then stir well.
It is ready for the chips now.

Hot Spinach Dip Recipe

10 oz frozen spinach
1 lb Velveeta cheese
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
12 oz salsa
cilantro optional

No comments:

Post a Comment