Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crispy Edamame

On my quest for trying new things I have brought out something new again today.  For those of us in the south we call these things soybeans and usually see fields of them in the area.  But the fancy name for them is edamame.  So whether you call them soybeans or edamame give them a try.
You can find bags of edamame in the grocery store's frozen food department.
In a strainer rinse the beans with cold water.  Let drain.
Layer them in a 9x13 baking dish.  I think I should have dried them off a little bit more.
Drizzle 1 Tablespoon olive oil over the beans.  Next time I would put them in a bowl and toss with the oil.  I didn't measure it and I am afraid I put too much on them.
Take 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle the cheese over the beans.
Add some salt
Add some pepper.  Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for about 15 minutes.
Fresh from the oven.  These make a nice healthy snack.

Crispy Edamame Recipe

1 12oz pkg frozen shelled edamame
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400.  Bake for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment