Friday, November 15, 2013

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies

I have been so surprised with all the pumpkin recipes that I have found this year. And what is better than pumpkin with peanut butter.  These cookies made me curious so I had to try them.  Only thing I would cook them just a few minutes longer.
M&M's and chocolate chips, what could be better?  I think though I would use mini chips next time.
Start with one stick softened butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter.  You can use either creamy or crunchy.
Then add 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Mix all that really well.
Add 3/4 cup pumpkin puree.
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour. Mix well after each cup.
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups M&M's.  I used the peanut butter M&M's.
Mix well.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lines cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 7-8 minutes.  I would cook them a little bit longer.  You want them still soft but not fall apart soft.
Fresh from the oven.

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies Recipe

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups M&M's

Preheat oven 350.  Bake 7-10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment