Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers

These little stuffed peppers looked like the perfect addition to our little at home tailgate last weekend.  I think my husband would rather I had made them with jalapeno peppers.
I love these little peppers.  They are so colorful and sweet.  I had to be careful and not use any orange ones this weekend.
Soften 8 oz cream cheese.
Add 8 oz grated cheese.  You can use whatever kind of cheese you like.
Add 1 Tablespoon lime juice.  You can use a little less if you like.  The lime flavor was pretty strong.
Mix this up well.  It looks like a cheese ball.
I cut several of the little peppers in half and scraped out the seeds.  I found a baking dish they would fit well in.
I put the cheese mixture in a zip lock bag to make it easier to stuff them.
I used a knife to smooth the cheese out. I made these ahead of time and covered them and put them in the fridge until I was ready for them.
I took them out of the fridge a little bit before time to bake them so they could warm up a little.  I added some cayenne pepper to the top of a couple of them just to see if it added a little zip and it didn't, but added to the cheese it might taste pretty good. Place in a preheated 350 oven. Bake for 20 minutes or so. I turned the broiler on for a few minutes to try and brown the cheese some.
Fresh from the oven.

Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers Recipe

12-18 Sweet Mini Peppers halved and seeded
8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro (I didn't have any)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt ( I didn't use this either)

Preheat oven 350.  Bake for 20 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment