Monday, September 30, 2013

One Cup Royal Icing

Sometimes you just need a little bit of icing to decorate some cookies.  I found this recipe on Pinterest.  It looked like it would make just the right amount.
Meringue powder can be found in most craft stores.  I think you can also find it at Walmart in the craft section.
Start with bowls and tools that are grease free.  Add 2 cups confectioners sugar.
1 Tablespoon meringue powder
A pinch of cream of tartar.  I used the 1/32 teaspoon measure
1 teaspoon clear vanilla.  If you want to use white icing make sure you use clear flavoring.
 Add 3 1/2 Tablespoons water
Now beat on lowest speed for 7-10 minutes.  Set a timer because 7 minutes is a really long time.  Next time I am using the mixer on the stand because 7 minutes with a hand mixer seemed to be forever.
About halfway through the mixing.
After 8 minutes.
I put the icing in a pastry bag.
Then I decorated my cookies.
It will take some time to get really good at the decorating but they will do for our gameday eats this weekend.

One Cup Royal Icing Recipe

2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 Tablespoon meringue powder
pinch of cream of tartar
1 teaspoon flavoring
3-4 Tablespoons water

No comments:

Post a Comment