Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pistachio White Cheddar Cheese Balls

We are going on a little trip with my parents this week and my daddy said he wanted me to bring some snacks.  Of course he didn't tell me what he wanted so I was on my own to find something.  I had some emails I needed to go through and I found this recipe for pistachio cheese balls.  I had to try it because sometimes you don't want sausage balls.  I cheated and had to try them.  They are really good.
The pistachios make a nice addition to these little nuggets of cheese.
4 oz of both white cheddar and mozzarella cheese.  I had an 8 oz bar so I just had to cut it in half.  You can buy shredded cheese but the block self grated cheese melts better.  The 4 oz is equal to about 1 cup of grated cheese.
I used the food processor to grate the cheese and mix the batter.
All the cheese is grated.
Add 1 cup Bisquick
Add 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard.  This adds a really tangy flavor to these balls.
1 teaspoon steak sauce.  I used my Archies steak sauce
2 eggs
1 cup pistachio nuts.  If you are not using the food processor you will want to chop them.
Here is the batter.
I used a cookie scoop to scoop them out.  This batter is very sticky.
I scooped them out onto a parchement lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  I ended up cooking mine another minute or so but I think I made my balls a little too big, but using the scoop was worth it.
Fresh from the oven.  They smell so good.  And they get such a pretty golden brown.
This is the inside of the ball.  They are a nice change of pace from sausage balls but I don't think you could make up a bunch and freeze them raw like you can sausage balls because of the eggs.

Pistachio White Cheddar Cheese Balls Recipe

1 cup Bisquick mix
1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped pistachio nuts
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon steak sauce
2 eggs




No comments:

Post a Comment