Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kitchen Sink Cookies

No that isn't really the name of these cookies.  The real name is Zucchini-Carrot Oatmeal Cookies.  But they have so much more in them.  These cookies are loaded with good things.  I have to think they are pretty healty too.  I think they might be good for breakfast. Or at least that might be my excuse to eat them for breakfast.
Don't panic.  I know there's a lot of stuff there.  I usually run from recipes that have this many items.  But these cookies are worth it.
Start out by grating the zucchini so it has time to drain all the liquid off it.
While I was waiting for my butter to soften, I grated the carrots.  Two smallish carrots made this much.
Start with 3/4 cup butter softened.
Whip the butter.
Add 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
Mix well.  Scrap down the sides.
Add 2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla.  Mix well.
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2  cup shredded, sweetened coconut
1/2  cup Craisins
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1 cup grated zucchini.  This was a cup before I squeezed it to death to get the liquid out.
It is so pretty and colorful.
Mix well.
I used my cookie scoop to scoop out the batter.  I wasn't sure how much it would spread so I spread them out a little too much.
I put them a little closer this time Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for about 12 minutes.  Or until they are lightly golden.
Fresh from the oven.  I must admit they were very good while they were warm.

Kitchen Sink Cookies ( Zucchini-Carrot Oatmeal Cookies) Recipe

1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 c butter softened
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup Craisins
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment