Friday, August 30, 2013

Cheesy Sloppy Joe Fries

I will be honest with you I made this recipe up.  The story behind it.  I laid out some ground beef the other day for dinner but had no clue what I was going to do with it.  I looked through recipes and nothing jumped out at me.  Then I remembered I bought some Sloppy Joe sauce and that sounded really good to me.  Easy. But I didn't have any buns.  Okay no problem I have some of the cheese toast bread in the freezer and I had used that before for something different.  That is what I will use.  Then  a couple hours later I remember I had some waffle fries in the freezer to make chili cheese fries.  Hey I can put the sloppy Joe sauce on top and cheese and it will be just like that.  So that is how I came up with this recipe.  It turned out good and I was told it was a keeper.
This is one of those meals that you can put together really quickly after you come home from work.
Brown and drain your ground beef.
Add the can of sloppy Joe sauce.
I added some chili powder to add a little zip.
While you are browning your ground beef get your oil heated, and fry your waffle cut fries.
Drain the fries on a paper towel and salt and pepper them.
On a plate layer the fries just like you would chips for taco salad.
Add the meat sauce on top.
Top with cheese.  You could add additional toppings that you might like.  It turned out very good and would be a great gameday food. It's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment