Friday, August 16, 2013

Christy Jordan's Super Fast Succotash

Christy Jordan is a local blogger that has made it big.  Last month she had her own recipe magazine come out from the Taste of the South publishers.  This recipe was in the magazine.  First thing I thought of when I saw it was Sylvester the Cat's "Sufferin' Succotash"  So I made Sufferin' Succotash for dinner last night to go with some baked pork chops.  I know some of you will say that you don't like lima beans.  I will admit that they are not my favorite but I like them in vegetable soup.  As a kid I use to like to shell the colored ones because you never knew what they were going to look like. They were always so pretty but when they were cooked they weren't so pretty any more.  Enough traveling down memory lane and on to the recipe.
It doesn't take much to make this recipe.
Set out 3 cups of lima beans.  Let them thaw.
2 cups corn.  Let it thaw.
Cook 4 pieces of bacon.  Normally I cook it in the microwave but you need about a Tablespoon of the bacon grease for the recipe.
Drain the pimientos.
To the pimientos add 1 Tablespoon dried parsley.
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt
Pepper
Mix well.
Take up the bacon.  Turn down the heat.
Add the lima beans and corn.  Cook until heated through.
Then add the pimiento mixture.
Mix well.
Crumble the bacon on top.
Stir well.
A nice different side dish to go along with my pork chops.

Super Fast Succotash Recipe

4 slices bacon
3 cups lima beans
3 cups corn
1 4 oz jar pimientos
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment