Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Italian Subs

It is getting closer to football season so I have been testing some recipes to see if they will be suitable for our Gameday feast.  This sandwich fits the bill and will be served again.  You can change things up and make it your own, using different meat, cheese and even bread.  Now I know this says sub sandwich but I found these onion poppy ciabatta rolls I had to try.
Turkey, ham and salami but you can use your favorite luncheon meats.
Look at all those little nooks and cranies.
Spread a little mayo on each side of the bread.
I put a little turkey on one side.
I put mozarella cheese on top of turkey.
Put some ham on top of the other side.
A little salami on top of the ham.
A little provolone on top. Place in an oven to melt the cheese.
Now here is where this sandwich gets good.  In a bowl add a couple handfuls of shredded lettuce.
Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar **Note this is half the recipe because I am only making two sandwiches.
1/8 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
Toss together well.
After the cheese is melted put the finishing touches on the sandwich.
Add some tomato slices and some of the lettuce mixture. Some thinly sliced purple onion would be good added as well.

Looks good enough to eat.
Stitch says he wants a bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment