Monday, August 5, 2013

Smokey Mountain Chicken

No matter where you go you will find this chicken on the menu.  It may be called by a different name Monterrey chicken, Smokey Mt chicken and even Rockey Mt chicken but it is all the same, chicken smothered in BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese.  It doesn't get much better than that.
You can use whatever BBQ sauce you have or that you like.  I didn't have time to make my own so I used the standby Kraft.
I trimmed the fat off the chicken breast and tried to flatten them a little bit.  I wasn't too successful at flattening it.
I put salt and pepper on the chicken and used the George Forman to grill it.  You can put it on the outside grill but I don't like grilling outside and the husband wasn't home yet.  George works in a pinch.
While the chicken is cooking, cook 2 pieces of bacon for each chicken breast in the microwave.  I guess you could fry it in a skillet but why go to that much trouble.  The microwave is the best way to cook bacon. Now my husband and I cook bacon in the microwave differently.  I use a piece of paper towel in the bottom and he doesn't.
When the chicken is done put on a cookie sheet. I spray mine because I don't want things to stick.
Pour some BBQ sauce on top.
Spread it out good to cover the chicken.
Place the two pieces of bacon on top of the chicken.
Then cover with cheese.  Whatever kind of cheese you have on hand will work. Pop it in the oven for just a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Roasted veggies and corn on the cob were perfect with the chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment