Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Roasted Cabbage Wedge with Onion Dijon Sauce

I am so excited to share this cabbage recipe with you.  I have decided I could eat cabbage once a week, especially like this.  The sauce that goes on this cabbage is wonderful.  I love roasted cabbage but this sauce kicks it up a notch or two.  There are a few things I would do differently next time but the sauce isn't one of them.
The recipe called for cutting the cabbage into wedges.  I thought the wedges were too big to get that nice caramelized edges.  So next time I am going to cut it into the cabbage rounds or 'steaks' as I like to call them.  The edges seem to roast a little better.
You can use regular or some kind of infused olive oil.
Cut your cabbage in half.
Then cut that into halves.  Cut the hard core out of the ends.  I think I could and should have cut it again.
Brush well with olive oil.
Put one of the cut sides down on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Salt and pepper the cabbage. Put in a preheated 450 oven.  Cook for 10-12 minutes and then flip the wedges and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
How do you like my little pigskin salt and pepper shakers for football season?
While the cabbage is cooking start on the sauce.  3 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Melt the butter.
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 Tablespoons minced fresh onion.  I grated it.
Mix it all together.
After the first 12 minutes of baking.
Turn it.
After the second 10 minutes of baking.
Then take it out of the oven and brush that sauce on.
And enjoy.  I will make this again but make the cabbage much smaller.

Roasted Cabbage Wedge with Onion Dijon Sauce Recipe

1 green cabbage
olive oil
salt and pepper

Sauce
3 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons minced fresh onion
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
salt and pepper

Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes, turn and bake another 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment