Friday, August 7, 2015

Animal Kingdom's Match the Species

Okay I really need to explain this recipe.  And I need to try and explain it carefully for those of you that are  faint of heart.  Here's the story. The first of June Animal Kingdom opened a new bakery and they had four items on it's menu that were interesting.  The items looked like animal poop and you were to guess which animal.  I have pictures of the four for you.  When they came out I was thinking these would be really fun to recreate. They only lasted in the bakery for a couple of days before they were removed.  Someone complained.  Isn't that how it always works. But I did find a recipe for one and I have created that here.  They were fun to make and a recipe the kids will love to help. BTW I made giraffe poop.
They are cute.
 This is a picture from the bakery of all their offerings.  They also have elephant candy apples.  I need to learn to make those too.
Here is a description of all four kinds.  I will say my giraffe poop was not as oily as what theirs looks like.  Anyone want to help me come up with recipes for the other three send them my way.
 This recipe couldn't be any easier.  This is all you need and no oven!
 Start with your brownie mix.  This one is milk chocolate, I also want to try it with a fudge mix.
 1 cup peanut butter.  I don't think chunky would work as well with this.
 Use a wooden spoon or your hands and start mixing the peanut butter into the mix.
 Measure out about 4 Tablespoons milk.  You can use any kind of milk you want.  This is 2 %.
 Then keep working the mix until it is all mixed well.  It really does work better to mix with your hands.  Just make sure to remove rings, watches and bracelets before you start.
 Using the cupcake liners was a last minute idea.  This is how they served them at Disney so I wanted to do the same thing.
 The hardest part was rolling all those balls. Keep in the fridge.
And enjoy!

Animal Kingdom's Match the Species Recipe

1 box brownie mix
1 cup peanut butter
4 Tablespoons milk

No comments:

Post a Comment