Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Craft Day 2- Disney Ornaments

Well I decided to do a little Christmas in July crafting this week. I was so excited when Hobby Lobby started to put out Christmas stuff a couple of weeks ago.  I can't tell you how many times I have been to just look at the Christmas stuff.  Now don't get me wrong I know Christmas a few months away, but when you are crafting you can never get started too soon.  So make a couple of these cute ornaments this week before the kids head back to school.  These are ornaments that the kids can help with. 


Yes I have a silver Christmas tree up in my house right now.  That is a story for another day.  I have a feeling that is part of the reason I began some Christmas crafting.  Whatever the reason it came in handy to display these ornaments.
Pick up a box of clear ornaments from Hobby Lobby.  There's lots you can do with them and we won't use all of them for this project.
Take the hanger off of the ornament.
I have a Mickey head paper punch.  There's lots of things you can do with these.
So I punched out some black Mickey heads.
And put them inside the ornament.

Then some red Mickey heads.
And they go in.
Yellow Mickey heads.
Add them to the others.
Then I thought it needed a little white too.
Put them in and put your finger over the hole and shake shake shake. Works better when you get more Mickeys inside. 
You can fill it with more punches or leave a little space at the top.  You can tie a ribbon around the hanger too.  I will tell you that punching all those Mickeys can hurt your hand.  Take breaks.  It's a fun thing to do at night while you are watching TV.
Now for my second Mickey ornament.  I have these preglittered red and green ornaments, that we are going to put Mickey heads on.
When you go to the craft store find the clear rhinestones.  You will want two sizes.  A large one for the head and smaller ones for ears.
Glue them randomly around the ornament.  You will need some quick setting glue.  I thought about hot glue but it can get gloppy.  Watch to make sure the stones do not start sliding.
After I started with the first ornament I decided that I needed some smaller ones too.
Then start randomly glueing Mickeys around the ornament.
Look it over and see if you need more.  You can never have too many.
Then hang them on the tree.

The red ones are pretty too.  Both of these are going to look so good on my Disney tree at Christmas.  I guess I have to wait a couple of months to put it up.  Or do I?



No comments:

Post a Comment