Monday, August 24, 2015

Overnight Raspberry Oatmeal

These overnight oatmeal recipes are very popular right now on Pinterest.  I liked my crock pot oatmeal in the winter so I thought I would give these cold oatmeals a try.  The original recipe called for blackberries and I would have preferred blackberries but I did not have any, so raspberries were the second choice. 
This oatmeal was interesting.  It was nice and thick.  I will say this it was very filling and lasted all morning long.
I also think fresh fruit would have been better too.
32 oz of smooth vanilla yogurt.  I got the Greek kind.  You could use plain but I like vanilla a little better.
1 cup oats.  You can use either old fashion or quick.  I had more old fashioned ones so that is what I went with.
1 cup fruit
4 teaspoons chia seeds
I had never had chia seeds before so that was another reason I wanted to try this recipe.  I lucked out and Walmart had these small packages beside the huge container of chia.  This way I could see if I liked them before I became more invested.  The seeds were found with the flour.  I wasn't sure where to look so I am helping you out here.  Chia seeds have lots of health benefits so give them a try.
Mix well.
The recipe picture showed the mixture in a fruit jar but I didn't have any empty ones so I used plastic containers with lids.  Put in the fridge and pull out for breakfast.
You can garnish with fresh fruit before eating too.

Overnight Raspberry Oatmeal Recipe

32 oz Smooth style vanilla yogurt
1 cup oats
4 teaspoons chia seed
1 cup fruit


No comments:

Post a Comment