Friday, July 31, 2015

The Best Ever Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Well you know how I feel about recipes that call themselves "the best", I have to try them.  I was looking for a cookie I could make to take to St Louis for our Christmas in July display.  I had to have the best for Santa.  I will show you pictures from our display and show you my cookies.  But back to the recipe.  What I liked about this cookie was that the outside was nice and crisp but the inside was still soft.  It wasn't a cookie that you felt you were going to break a tooth on. If you like butterscotch and or oats you need to try these cookies.  They were easy to make and I bet you have everything you need in the pantry.
These cookies were so good.
 Use old fashioned oats in this recipe.
 Start with 2 sticks softened butter
 1 cup brown sugar
 1/4 cup sugar
 Mix and whip that well.  I heard on one of the tv shows to whip your butter and sugars for about 2 minutes.
 Add 2 eggs
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
 1 teaspoon cinnamon
 1 teaspoon baking soda.  It also included 1/2 teaspoon of salt but my butter was salted so I didn't add the additional salt.
 3 1/4 cup old fashioned oats.
 Now add the butterscotch chips. It's okay if you sneak a couple
 Mix all that up really well.  The dough will be stiff.
 This is my small cookie scoop.
 Scoop up the dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
 When you get you cookie sheet ready place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
 Remove from oven and let sit on the sheet for an additional 5 minutes.
 Then enjoy.
 Santa enjoyed them.
This is our Christmas in July display we set up last weekend in St. Louis.

The Best Ever Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe

2 sticks softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 bag butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment