Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rosemary

I know this meal sounds like a fall meal and maybe I am wishing for fall like temps.  I don't know.  Maybe it is because I have been watching the SEC Media Days and I think it is football season.  Whatever the reason this is a great meal anytime.  I will admit I found the okra hash recipe first (I will be posting that soon) and thought pork chops would be good with it.  Then I started looking for a new recipe for the chops. This was a very easy recipe that does not take much time to prep, you know that is important. 
It makes a really pretty colorful plate. 
I got the chance to use some of my fresh herbs from my garden today.
We are making the sauce right now.  1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons of a grainy mustard.
Whisk it up until it mixes well.
Lay your pork chops out in the dish you are going to bake them in.  Spray the dish!
Pepper them.  Fresh pepper is so good.
Salt them.
Here is my fresh rosemary. Take the little stems off the big stem and put it in the holder.
I get to use my new herb grinder for the lack of a better name for it.
Twist the grinder and and it crushes the rosemary onto the chops
It worked really well.
Pour the sauce on top of the chops.
Cover and put in the fridge.  You can do this the night before or several hours before you bake. 
Time to put them in the oven.  Place in a preheated 425 oven for 45- 60 minutes.  I like to make sure my pork is cooked through so I cooked for an hour.
They are done.  They have a really pretty golden brown color.
The perfect combination of flavors.

Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rosemary Recipe

pork chops
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425.  Bake for 45-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment