Monday, July 6, 2015

BBQ Pork Tenderloin

I think I have found my new favorite way to cook a pork tenderloin.  If you have never cooked one you don't know what you are missing. They are very easy to cook, they are very lean, and you can find them on sale all the time.  All I had to do was mix up a simple rub to go on them and then put them on the grill for a few minutes.  Doesn't get any easier than that.  Also it doesn't heat up the kitchen. 
I can almost smell them now. 
This tenderloin becomes 2 pieces when you open it up.
I had to share my lilies with you.  The rain knocked them over and so I just had to cut them.
So I am enjoying them in the kitchen.
Start with 2 Tablespoons brown sugar.
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
The directions say to cut off that thin layer of fat/skin.
It comes off very easily.  This is a very lean cut of meat but it still is very flavorful, not dry.
Brush the tenderloin with olive oil.
Then cover it with the rub.
One piece is covered.
I ended up mixing up another batch for the second piece.  The second batch I left out the thyme.  Not a big fan.  Let this sit for 30 minute before you put it on the grill.
Place on the grill and grill each side for about 8 minutes. It doesn't take very long.
Some fresh corn or other veggies along with this pork and you have a meal fit for a king.

BBQ Pork Tenderloin Recipe

2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon or so olive oil


No comments:

Post a Comment