Thursday, July 16, 2015

Grilled Pineapple

I bought a large container of cut pineapple the other day to use for my dinner.  I wasn't going to use all of the spears so I decided we would try grilling the pineapple too.  Might as well we were grilling our main dish and our salad why not dessert.  It was really good.  I just wish I had had some vanilla ice cream because it would have been really good with it.

The brown sugar just crystalizes on the pineapple and it is really good.  Again if you are already grilling one night fix some fresh pineapple or peaches and put them on the grill.  Because these were already big pieces we did not skewer them.
 It is very easy to buy pineapple now that is already cut but you could cut your own.  Mine just doesn't look that pretty and uniform.
 Take 1/2 cup brown sugar
 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  I cheated a little on the cinnamon.
 Place it in a zip log bag and mix well.
 Add the pineapple.  I didn't dry it.  I let the juices help keep the sugar on the fruit.
 Smoosh well and make sure they are coated well.  Do this at least 30 minutes before you want to put it on the grill.  I actually did this a little longer and just put it in the fridge.  You can do some of these things ahead of time to have them ready especially if you are doing this for a party.
 Getting them ready for the grill.  There was some of the sugar mixture left in the bag.  If you are going to have ice cream with this you could pour some over the ice cream too.
 Place them on the grill.
 The are sizzling.
 Just turn them over and over so all sides get the nice marks.
 They are ready to come up.
Don't they look good?  I wish you could sample them with us.

Grilled Pineapple Recipe
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
fresh pineapple spears

No comments:

Post a Comment