Monday, July 13, 2015

Sea Salt Fudge

I have used this recipe for fudge for several years I just have not put the sea salt in before.  This fudge is the perfect blend of sweet and a little touch of salty.  I may make this all the time instead of the regular fudge.  
This fudge is so good.  It is easy to make so if you need a little something sweet this would be perfect.
These are semi sweet chips but you could use milk chocolate.
Start with 2 cups chocolate chips.  That is one bag. Put the chips in a saucepan.
Add one can sweetened condensed milk.  I used fat free and it taste fine.
Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with foil.  I also sprayed the foil.  This makes for an easier time when you get ready to cut the fudge.
Once the chips are melted, remove the pot from the stove.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt.  We are going to add some to the top.  This particular measuring spoon is really 1/4th and not an 1/8th.
Pour the fudge into the pan.  Spread it out.
Now sprinkle a little sea salt on top.  Press it in just a little so it will stick. Place in the fridge to firm up.
When you are ready to cut, pull the foil out of the pan.
Cut and enjoy.   
I get asked some if everything I make turns out right/perfect.  Well no.  I found this recipe for Hershey's chocolate cupcakes.  I followed it and I will admit that there were a few strange things about this recipe.  It did say in the recipe that the batter was thin but that it cooked up nice.  Well that's not true.  You had to add a cup of boiling water to the batter and that put it over the edge as far as thin.  I went ahead a cooked them.  They ran everywhere, the edge of the pan, and the bottom of my oven.  Smelled like I was burning cupcakes.  So I pulled them out.  They looked terrible but thought I could make them look better with some icing.  I sampled one and they tasted terrible too!  So I am glad I didn't waste my time making icing.  These went in the garbage. So no everything doesn't turn out perfect.  I just shield you from most of it but thought I would let you know that I make mistakes too.  A friend once told me that when something doesn't turn out the way you want you just rename it.  I couldn't rename these they were so bad.
This is what they looked like when I got them out of the pan.  It would take a true artist to make that look better.  


Sea Salt Fudge Recipe

2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt



No comments:

Post a Comment