Thursday, July 30, 2015

Oven Roasted Sugar Snap Peas

I know it is a little out of season for sugar snaps but they sure are good.  I bet some of you are wondering what sugar snaps are.  It's just a fancy name for the pods that English peas come in.  They are picked before the peas get large enough to shell.  I don't know about you but I really like them fresh and raw with a little Ranch dip.  Makes for a good snack.  But back to the recipe.  I don't know about other store but Publix usually has this in the little bags of snack veggies.  Give them a try especially when they put them on sale.

I will confess something here.  I made these peas a couple of night before but used the bigger English peas and they burned and were not real good.  So back to the store to get the pea pods and sugar snap peas.
 I used two of the small packages of pea pods.  I have one of snow peas and one of sugar snap peas.
 Trim the ends and wash well.
 Drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over them.  Toss well to make sure all are coated.
 In another bowl add about 1/2 cup panko
 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
 Some fresh ground pepper
 Sea Salt
 Mix the cheese and panko well and then add some of the pea pods.  Make sure they are coated well.
 Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 400 oven.
 After 10 minutes take them out and turn them.  Put them back in for another 10 minutes.
 Then remove from oven and enjoy.
This is the leftover chicken and rice casserole I shared a couple of days ago.  It was good leftover too.  I don't think I have found a veggie that I haven't liked roasted.  Yes roasting does heat up the kitchen a bit but it is a great way to introduce veggies to the family.

Oven Roasted Sugar Snap Peas Recipe

Sugar snap peas
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup panko
1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400.  Bake for 10 minutes and then turn and put back in for another 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment