Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Grilled Island Chicken Kabobs

Tonight was the night for a grilled dinner, main course, salad, and dessert.  When it is as hot as it has been who wants to heat up the kitchen.  And yes I did say salad.  I brought you that recipe a couple of days ago. This recipe is a keeper.

This turned out to be such a good meal.  It was light and summery.  Yes that is a word. We will be making this again.
 The original recipe called for vegetable oil but I used Olive oil instead.  Olive oil is much better for you.
 So I chopped up the chicken into small pieces but not too small because they are going on a skewer.
 1/3 cup oil
 1/4 cup lemon juice.  You can squeeze you own or you can use the bottle kind.  This was the bottle kind.
 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
 It calls for 1 clove of garlic.  I have the bottled kind in the fridge and I don't usually use much so this is how much I used. Use as much or as little as you like.
 1/2 teaspoon oregano
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/4 teaspoon pepper
 Pour all of this into a zip lock bag.
 Make sure the chicken is coated well.  You will want your chicken to marinate in this for at least 3 hours or as much as overnight.  I did this first thing in the morning so it had several hours.
 Now it is time to make the skewers.  The original recipe did not call for bell peppers but I like them and I really like them grilled so they were added.  These are called candy onions.  I got them last week in Amish country.  I am excited to try them.
 It helps if you have your veggies already cut.
 You can put your items in any order or as much as you like.  I put a big piece of onion on the end to try and keep the stuff from falling off.
 They look really pretty and colorful.
 So put them on the grill.  Turn them around so that there are grill marks on all sides.  They will stick a little.
 They are looking good.  You want to make sure that the chicken is cooked well.

 This chicken was so good and tender.
A meal fit for a summer evening.  They call this Island chicken and it does make you want to be on an island.  Rice would be good with this dish as well.

Grilled Island Chicken Kabobs Recipe
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment