Friday, June 21, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I have been seeing recipes for homemade seasoning and how they are better for you because they do not have preservatives.  So I wanted to make some Mexican food one night and I had everything to make the seasoning.
It looks like a lot of ingredients but it really isn't that bad.  I doubled the recipe so I could have some left over.  For the purposes of this recipe it is only the basic recipe.
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

The recipe also called for 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano but I didn't have any so I left it out.  I don't think it mattered.  If you do not want it so hot you can go light on the cayenne.
Mix well.  Keep stored in an airtight container.
When using the seasoning for tacos or other Mexian recipes use 2-3 Tablespoons of the seasoning mix.
Stir into the meat well.  Add 1/2 -3/4 cup water to mix.
Cook until the water is absorbed.

Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment