Thursday, June 20, 2013

Flat, Broke & Busted Potatoes

If the name doesn't grab you these potatoes sure will.  I have done roasted potatoes before but I do think these are my favorite.  I will be making these again.
My bag had mixed little potatoes but you could use just one kind.  I like having the different colors, especially the purple ones.
Salt the water well.
Add the potatoes.  Boil until they are just fork tender. Boil for about 15 minutes.
I pulled out some different seasonings to use on the potatoes.  You can use anything you like as well.
When the potatoes are cooked drain.
Then move to a sprayed cookie sheet.
Here comes the fun part.  You get to smash the potatoes.  I tried with a potato masher but the potato came through the holes.  A glass does better.
Get them all smashed.
I started to drizzle with olive oil but what worked better was to pour some in cup and used a brush to brush the potatoes with olive oil.
They have been coated with the olive oil.
Pepper all of them
Salt them
Season them.
Add a little garlic to some of them.
They are ready to put in a preheated 425 oven for about 30 minutes.
Fresh from the oven.  The bottoms are nice a crunchy.  These are very good potatoes.
Nice side dish.

Flat, Broke and Busted Potatoes Recipes
10-12 red potatoes
salted water
olive oil
minced garlic
salt and pepper
chives
can add sour cream



No comments:

Post a Comment