Monday, December 3, 2012

World's Easiest Fudge

Not sure where I found this recipe, but I think it might have been from Rachael Ray.  I love this one because there is not boiling until it reaches softboil.  Figuring out what softboil is or did I cook it too long etc.  You get my drift here.  I like simple. Fudge doesn't get any more simple than this.  You can change it up too.  You can use white chocolate chips and put pistacho and dried cherries.  You can put cranberries and walnuts.  Anything you like.
All you really need is a bag of milk chocolate chips and a can of sweetened condensed milk.  If you want to add nuts you can.
Before you get started melting chocolate get out your pan you are going to use.  This is a 8x8 square pan.
Line it with foil and let the edges hang over.
Spray the foil so the fudge won't stick.
Now on to the good stuff.  Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan.  I love my non stick pans for things like this.  Make sure you scrap the can well.
Then add one bag of milk chocolate chips which is equal to 2 cups of chips.
Cook on low heat until all the chocolate is melted.  Stirring regularly.  Be sure to stir the bottom to keep from sticking.
It's melting well.
It's about done.  Make sure there are no lumps of chocolate.
Remove from heat and add about a teaspoon of vanilla.
Add between a 3/4 and 1 cup of chopped nuts.  I don't measure just eyeball them.
Mix them in well.
Now pour into prepared pan.  Smooth out the top.
Looks good.  Put in the fridge until it is set up well, an hour or two.
Then take it out of the fridge and take it out of the pan by the foil.  Pull foil back.  I got a little happy with the Pam so I blotted it off.
I like using this cutter to cut the fudge.
Make lines across so you can cut it into small pieces.
Doesn't that look good?  You need to try some today.

World's Easiest Fudge Recipe

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
about a cup of chopped nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment