Tuesday, December 11, 2012

25 Days of Christmas Cookies: Day 4 Elf Bites

This is a nice shortbread cookie that your Elves will be sure to enjoy.
Butter, flour, sugar, and sprinkles are all you need for this little cookie.
I finally got my food processor working so I mixed the cookies up in it.  Start with a stick of cold butter.  To that add 3 Tablespoon of sugar.  (I ended up doubling this recipe when I made it.  I am giving you the single recipe measurements)
Pulse
Add 1 1/4 c of plain flour.
Pulse.
Mixing nicely.  Because the butter had to be cold I wanted to use the food processor.
Now add a heaping tablespoonful of sprinkles.  You can use Christmas sprinkles if you like but I used the multicolored ones.
I pulsed for just a minute.
Lightly flour a piece of wax paper and turn the dough out onto it.
Put a second layer of wax paper on top and gently roll out.
Try and make it level.  Place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
Take it out of the freezer and remove the top sheet of wax paper.
Now cut into small strips.
Go back and make small cubes.
Place squares on a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper.  place in a 325 preheated oven.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
The finished product.

Elf Bites Recipe
1 1/4 cup flour
3 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup butter cold
1 Tablespoon sprinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment