Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Homemade" Rolls

I have never really learned the fine art of making homemade breads and rolls.  There's something about yeast that scares me.  I am never really sure if I have the warm water too hot or not hot enough.  What temperature is warm actually.  I always think I will kill the yeast. Having admitted that I will share with you the rolls I have found and I couldn't make them any better if I kneaded the dough myself.
These Rhodes dinner rolls are wonderful.  You can find them in the freezer section of Walmart.  Other places may have them but I have always found them at Walmart.  They have both white and wheat rolls.
What makes these taste like homemade is you have to let them rise just like homemade.  Spray a cookies sheet with non stick spray.  Place the rolls on it.  Then spray a piece of plastic wrap and lay it on top of the rolls.  You don't want the plastic to stick as they start to rise.
Now find a nice warm place for them to rise for a couple of hours.  The morning sun comes in through my kitchen window and that is where I put these rolls to rise.
It's about time to put them in the oven.  Preheat a oven to 350.
Don't those look good going into the oven.  The package says to cook for 15-20 minutes but I think mine cooked for about 10.  My oven was hot from cooking the turkey.
The only thing missing is some butter.  One thing I like about these rolls is you can take out a couple for dinner as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment