Monday, August 6, 2012

Tea Party Petit Fours

What tea is complete without petit fours.  We have all seen them in the bakeries.  Those cute little cakes  in bright pretty colors. These are very easy to make at home.
The foundation of these cakes are frozen pound cake.  You could make your own but using Sara Lee sure is easier.  Along with the canned frosting.
The first thing you need to do is thaw and then slice the pound cake.
Most petit fours are squares but I wanted a pretty shape.  Squares might be easier but I was afraid that I would not get them the same size.
I was able to get two flower out of each slice and I kept the two together.
They have all been cut out now.
Use some type of jelly for the filling.  I used several different types to make things interesting.
They are all filled.
I lined them up on the cookie rack.
Put one can of vanilla frosting in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave for about 10-15 seconds.  Stir and then if you need to heat some more do. Add some gel coloring of your choice.  I wanted to do blue so I could have red white and blue but did not have any and forgot to pick it up.
Place the cake on a fork and drizzle the icing on top making sure to cover.  Tap the fork to remove the excess.
Then carefully slide back on the rack.  I placed waxed paper underneath to catch the drips.
The finished cakes.  You can decorate with sprinkles or whatever you like.
You can put them on cupcake wrappers.
The finished cakes.  Store in the refrigerator.


Petit Fours Recipe

1(16oz) frozen Sara Lee pound cake
jam of your choice
1 can vanilla frosting
gel cake color

No comments:

Post a Comment