Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Hamburger Stroganoff

This recipe came from that standby Dedication Day cookbook.  I guess this is one of the first things I learned to cook.  I have made it for a few and I have made it for a crowd.  It is a very easy recipe to multiply for the masses.
Start out with some ground beef, onion and cream of mushroom soup.  I don't know what I will do if Campbells ever stops making cream of mushroom soup.
Dice the onion and then saute it with a little olive oil.
Add about a pound of ground beef. Brown well and break apart.  Drain grease off.
Add a can of cream of mushroom soup.  Stir well.  Let simmer on the stove.
Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.  When cooked drain well.
About 5 minutes before the noodles are done add about a cup of sour cream and mix well.
Dish the sauce on top of the egg noodles and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment