Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Homemade Hot Wings

It seems that everyone has hot wings these days.  With football season right around the corner I thought I would try them at home to see if they measured up to the ones from the local wings place.  There may be a little more tweaking to the recipe but basically they  are a go.  They will be showing up this season for football Saturdays.
I just laid out a few chicken pieces to try.  Hot sauce and butter is all you need.  You can use whatever kind of hot sauce you like.
Today I tried the wings in the oven. If I do them in the oven again I will spray the foil to keep them from sticking.  Place them in a preheated 425 oven for 45 minutes turning halfway through.
This is halfway through and time to turn.
While the wings were cooking, melt 1/3 c butter and 1/2 c hot sauce on the stove.  Keeping it hot will help keep the wings hot.  I poured the sauce over the wings in a bowl.  I let them sit for a few minutes and toss them several times to make sure they are well coated.
Don't they look good.  If you want them hotter you can add more hot sauce.  If you want them milder  less hot sauce.
Our own version of Wibs.  They were good baked but I will probably try to deep fry them next time.

Hot wings recipe

2 1/2 lbs chicken wings thawed
1/2 c hot sauce
1/3 c butter

No comments:

Post a Comment