Thursday, August 23, 2012

Gooey Fries

We have a local Wings place that makes curly gooey fries.  What better time to try them at home than during a Saturday football game.  You don't have to have a curly fry cutter but it does make them fun.
You will need a couple of potatoes, bacon, green onions and white cheese dip.
This is my second curly fry cutter.  I found this one on ebay.  I don't use it all the time but when I want gooey fries I will pull it out.
Larger potatoes work better and you get the nice long curls.  Cut the end off so that it will rest flat in the machine.
Press it down on the prong in the bottom.
Use the top part to push down and cut the potato.
I put them in a bowl for a little while with some water and ice to get them nice and cold. Heat you deep fryer and then place the potatoes in the oil.  Take them up and let them drain on a paper towel. While the potatoes are cooking heat the cheese dip in the microwave.  Chop the bacon and green onions too.
Place the potatoes on a plate and spoon some cheese dip on top of the fries.
Top with green onions and bacon.  Just like these ones you get at the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment